Sunday, October 13, 2013

#2 correction on dome finish

During the dome preparation, just before the painting, I've had decided to make holes on the inner dome behind panels to be able to remove them more easily in case of i will have to remove panels on the outer dome in the future.

But i've made an error and made 2 holes on the inner dome on the magic panel, but at this place there's no panel on the outer dome( argh!!!). I've filled up again the holes with cold welding product with an aluminum tint. The look of this reparation was good but the dome finish did'nt satisfy me in this area.

I've decided today to cut and remove the inner dome and change this part.

the error : 2 holes on the inner dome but there's no outer panel above
 I've decided to cut the inner dome just behind the red panel contour.





before cutting the inner dome, i've checked if this new part will have the same look than the outer dome and the panel.


and now, the hard moment : cut and remove this part without damages
I've begun with the dremel and finish to cut with a small hand saw


 and now the inner dome opened



and finally after cold welding the new inner panel and the red panel contour.



No comments:

Post a Comment