Wednesday, January 25, 2012

#1 mounting front coins return

Coins returns on the skin are always better than parts alone in a box...


I've worked on a method to have removable slot returns attached to the skins. I still have in mind to be able to remove or change parts easily for maintenance operations.
I've used an aluminium cold weld product to attach the screws on the slot return rear, it's a bi component product with a resin and aluminium powder.


 







aluminium cold weld product - fig 1. 








The idea is to attach 4 small screws (3mm) on the slot return rear and use them to maintain small alu strips pushed closer together with the skin (fig 3.)

before cold weld - fig 2a.
screws cold welded - fig 2b.




rear view - final mount- fig 3.

front view - final mount - fig 4.

No comments:

Post a Comment