Tuesday, March 3, 2015

#1 working on a new alu hydro dome

My first alu 300mm dome is used by my R2-M5 (droid #2).

I've decided to work on the new alu hydro dome for my droid #1.


The inner and outer dome are laser cut, the work is easier than before ;-)

I've put labels on each panels and started to remove them on the inner dome
a small handsaw and few files are useful to remove and prepare the opening traps.

after severals minutes, the top pie panels opened


I've done the same work on the lateral panels



and on the outer dome


with the top panels (pie panels)


and now the lateral panels



After cleaning, a quick test with the 2 domes



and with the 2 domes on the Aluminum bottom ring
you can notice that i've cut the inner dome on the top.





No comments:

Post a Comment