Friday, May 13, 2011

#1 battery harness on battery box

a little work today to attach battery harness on box
I have chosen to use screw to fix harness on box instead of using of glue or silicone

battery box before


I've used my dremel (small drill) with a tool drill press to drill vertically without bad move a such small part




I've adjusted the depth of the thread before drilling




after the drill, i've used a tap to make the screw thread and make the holes on the box


I've drilled the other side of the harness and put a small screw through the part and the box


head screw will be hidden under the small part at the bottom of the harness, and this part need to be milled




I've milled this parts to adjust them perfectly


and the result

2 comments:

  1. C'est parfait !
    Il semblerait qu'il faut que j'investisse dans de quoi tarauder et fileter :)
    Comment as-tu calculé la position exacte des harnesses ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. pour les tarauds, je pense que tu échapperas pas. ça simplifie bien l'assemblage en laissant la possibilité de démontage, bien pratique pour la peinture ou la maintenance
    pour la position des battery harness : pas de secret, j'ai pris les plans officiels du R2-D2 Builders club, en particulier les "Isometric Drawing - Battery Box" et "Outer Foot - Assembly Battery Box"

    ReplyDelete